Call for volunteers!
Thank you for your consideration to volunteer with BC Scene. Unfortunately our registration is full at this time and we are not accepting new applications. Should you wish to still apply online, we will keep your application on file and will contact you if an opening becomes available.
Due to its scope and size, organizing a festival such as BC Scene would simply not be possible without the generous support of its volunteers. We invite you to help out in a number of ways: assistance will be required with artist transportation, reception at the information kiosks, merchandise sales, front of house, hospitality, and administration.
To apply, click on the link below and fill out the Volunteer Application - it's that simple!
BC Scene Volunteer Job Descriptions
For all volunteer positions, bilingualism is an asset. Please note that a police record check is also required.
- Drive artists and presenters to and from BC Scene venues, hotel and airport
- Transport items such as musical instruments and production gear
- A clean driving record is mandatory
- Work outside normal volunteer shift hours may be required
- General knowledge of the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
Front of House
- Take tickets and direct concert-goers to their seats
- Distribute programs (when available)
- Set up and run information and concession area during intermission
- Greet and distribute information to presenters, delegates, and other guests
- Provide assistance to the Presenters Program Coordinator
- Ensure the hospitality suite is tidy before and after greeting hours
- Lay out / put away food and beverages
- Hosting and serving experience is an asset
Booth locations: National Arts Centre, the Ottawa airport, Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites
- Inform the public in a courteous, friendly manner
- Welcome artists and presenters to BC Scene and the National Arts Centre
- Distribute artist / presenter bags
- Provide artists and presenters with information and directions regarding transportation, set-up schedules and venues as necessary
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Answering telephone inquiries
- Clerical duties
- Attention to detail
- Computer / clerical experience is an asset
The above-mentioned positions may include any or all the duties listed.
If you have any questions, please call (613) 947-7000, extension 233 and leave a voice message stating your name, and telephone number or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We pride ourselves on the benefits we offer our volunteers, and our requirements are very reasonable. Have a look:
- Opportunity to attend performances
- Your very own BC Scene T-shirt
- Invitation to the volunteer post-festival party
- Official letter of recognition
- Complete an application form
- Agree to a police record check
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session
- If you work in an establishment that sells alcohol, you have to be at least 18 years of age if you are in Quebec and 19 if you are in Ontario
- Volunteer a minimum of 8 hours (2 - 4 hour shifts)
- Wear a BC Scene T-shirt during volunteer shifts